Pages

Monday 26 August 2013

DIY approved by dummies: flowers in your hair


Source

Flower headbands, they were a big trend this summer, but I always thought they were a bit too much for me. I really liked them, they make an outfit look extra cute. But I never had the guts to buy them. In a few days I have to go to a party dressed up as a hippie, so I figured this was the perfect moment to get some flower headbands. Only problem is: Summer's almost over, so I couldn't find any. Really disappointed I headed back home and then I thought, why don't I just make them myself?




The only things you need are some fake flowers and leafs. Make sure the stalks of the flowers are made of iron wire. If not, you'll need a roll of iron wire as well.  I got them at my local craft store, but you can get them in a lot of stores, I guess.

Now you just take a flower and attach it to a leaf with iron wire. make sure it's secure and keep doing this step untill you have your headband. Of course you can also attach two flowers or two leafs to each other. If you don't put a pattern in it, it looks more natural.

This is how mine looked, I'm pretty proud, to be honest...
Do you like the flower headband trend?

-E



Follow our blog with Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. Ooh supertof! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Echt supermooi, perfect voor de zomer en de lente!

    Keep on bloggin'!
    Summer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wat staat dat tof en mooi, ziet er leuk uit!

    ReplyDelete