Pages

Tuesday 28 January 2014

Review: Essence express dry spray


You know that feeling when you've just painted an incredible piece of art that even Picasso would be jealous of on your nails? (Or in my case, the feeling you've successfully put nail polish on your nails instead of your fingers and cuticles) Yes? than you probably also know how firetruckin' annoying it is to wait for your nails to dry, or the absolute horror of bumping your nail against something and smudging the entire thing? All of that is in the past now, because essence came out with a new product: the express dry spray! It's a handy dandy product that promises to dry your polish within seconds and give your nails some extra shine. But does it really work that well?



The spray comes in a small, purple spray can with a plastic lid. It is designed with some polka dots on the side, which give it a fun touch. I actually really like the design of it, It's simple and cute. A spray can is also very easy in use, I find. Since you spray the product on your nails instead of painting it, there's absolutely no risk of smudging your design. Well done essence!


A nice packaging is always fun of course, but the real question remains: does it work? The instructions tell you to paint your nails as usual, wait about 30 seconds and spray from a distance of approximately 30 cm. So I did! 

In this picture I used Rimmel london - Cherry fashion with L'orĂ©al Paris - Confetti's  on top. I used the spray between the two layers and on top.


The first thing I noticed was that the product didn't smell very nice, it smells really chemical and it reminded me a bit of bad smelling dry shampoo. The doesn't feel wet at all, it's more of a dusty spray. but now the actual verdict: does it leave shine and dry your nails instantly? The answer is almost. It most certainly leaves extra shine and I really like that effect, but it doesn't dry your nails within seconds.  It does bring your nail polish to a semi-dry to almost dry stage, but you still have to let your nails dry completely at least another minute.But then again, a minute is less than half an hour. It's not a bad product, but it's not a very good product as well. I'm not sure if I would repurchase it.

UPDATE: I would most certainly not repurchase it, I've used it 3 times and it has just ran out, pretty crappy huh? Such a shame, it could've been an awesome product

The Essence express dry spray costs €2,59 and is available in your local drug store.


Would you try this product?

-E


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. Such a shame...

    http://mypetitecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jammer... Maar je nagels zien er toch fantastisch uit! ;)

    ReplyDelete