Pages

Sunday 11 August 2013

Living the food life: July

Food is something essential for a human being to live. Normally, we eat 3 meals a day and some snacks, so eating becomes a daily task, something we have to do. We don't think enough about what we are eating or even take the time to appreciate it. You know how they joke about Japanese people taking a picture of everything they eat in a foreign country? We should do that more! Not just because you remember what you ate, but also because you remember with that photo the situation you ate it in, where, when, with which people, a random memory about that day... We, unicorns, tried that for the month of July. We took pictures of food we ate in a special occasion. Here you can see some of those:




Man...this was one of the best ice creams I ate. Or it was because I had to bicycle a long road for I got one...
At the top, you can find MOJITO FLAVOURED ICE! How awesome is that? You could really taste the mint
and the lime. At the bottom, my all time favourite ice cream flavour: raspberry. 
Toast Champignon or 2 slices of bread and a whole lot of MUSHROOMS (with a bit tomatoes and celery).
Can you believe I kept saying for 15 years of my life I didn't like mushrooms without even taste them?
A dish like this has to make up the lost 15 years without any mushrooms!
The IKEA, not just a famous store...the Swedish meat balls of the IKEA restaurant are also well known. For me, it was something I had to eat at least once in my life and so I did. Look at that portion...tummy couldn't handle! Did you know they serve jam with the meat balls? Weird..but yummy! Children, DO try this at home ;)
I had to go to a baby shower and they had these lovely cupcakes! I found it really cute and delicious.
(I should try harder to kill my cupcake-addiction but..ssssh!)
This could be my last meal if I was arrested: strawberries + whipped cream, chocolate cake + vanilla ice,  a vanilla muffin
and blueberries flavoured sorbet. Oh heaven, oh heaven.
I ate this delicious raspberry ice cream when I was in France. It was a really hot day and we went to visit a tiny little town called 'La Roque Cageac'. The village is not much bigger than an ant, but it's oh so pretty.
When I was in France, we also went to a flee market. There was this really old little man selling these waffle/cookie things. I thought they were pretty cute with the flowers on them, so I bought a couple. I did have to wait for 20 minutes because the old man didn't feel like making them, he first wanted a beer instead, but it was worth it. Praise the lord for the deliciousness of these things. I still don't know what exactly they are, but I want more.
On those hot summer days, there's nothing better than drinking a mojito in the sun. Where I live, there's a little bar that serves the best mojitos on earth. They even have a little hand that tells how good they are.
Again an ice cream, it almost looks like I didn't eat any normal food this month. Anyways, this is the No.2 Loving Kiss from the Magnum 5 Kisses Collection. It has Meringue and forest fruits in it. I've been wanting to try this one for a while, but they were always sold out. Of course I jumped around like a pony (or unicorn) when I found a box of these… It made my day.

I have a small obsession with raspberries, I'd eat them with anything. No need to say that I was very pleased when a friend of my mum gave me these fresh raspberries from her own garden. They taste a lot better than those you can buy in a normal store, in my opinion.
I got this lovely cup filled with M&M's from my mum, she's a real sweetie sometimes.
When I went to Rock Werchter, I ate these Vietnamese spring rolls. They didn't taste bad, compared to the other festival food, but the texture was a bit weird. They were also pretty expensive, but that doesn't matter, because those spring rolls remind me of a great day. 
I'd like to ask a moment of silence for this little baby. This is by far the best waffle I've ever eaten.  I was on a day trip in  Antwerp and suddenly I saw this little waffle shop where you could buy waffles with all kinds of toppings. It was awesome.
- H & E

Follow our blog with Bloglovin


2 comments: