Pages

Saturday 16 November 2013

Living the food life: October


Food is something essential for a human being to live. Normally, we eat 3 meals a day and some snacks, so eating becomes a daily task, something we have to do. We don't think enough about what we are eating or even take the time to appreciate it. You know how they joke about Japanese people taking a picture of everything they eat in a foreign country? We should do that more! Not just because you remember what you ate, but also because you remember with that photo the situation you ate it in, where, when, with which people, a random memory about that day…

So, we are quite late with this and last month we even didn't get to do a 'Living the food life.' I feel like I've said this a lot, but things just are crazy busy lately. This month we made pumpkin soup, got weird Chinese tea and also Chinese tomato soup!

Man...how I love Chinese tomato soup!
It was my grandma's birthday and she baked this apple cake with frangipane filling.
Never heard of the combination before, but nom nom nom.
My Arizona tea obsession is getting worse. I can't believe I've only known arizona tea for a few months. How did I live before?
I visited my nephews and my grandma and of course she had an overload of candy waiting for me. These are smarties, it had been such a long time since I last ate smarties, all those childhood memories… aaah.
I made this delicious fall pumpkin soup with my mum. She sold it at her office for charity, so we made a lot.  I posted the recipe already. You can see it here.
The best and easiest fall/winter recipe of all time: French toast with ginger cookies and apple. So yummy!
-E&H

Follow our blog with Bloglovin

2 comments: