Halloween's over, the carved pumpkins have all been thrown away and the ones that have done a great job decorating your house are ready to retire and turn into something delicious, into a pumpkin soup for example.
Ingredients (for 4 people)
- half a pumpkin (if you have a small pumpkin you can use the entire vegetable.)
- 200 g fresh goat cheese
- 3 slices of 'filet de sax' or any other kind of ham, preferably red.
- 3 onions
- 3 stalks of green celery
- 2 carrots
- 1 garlic bulb
- the seeds of one cardamom bulb
- 3 litres of chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 20 g of butter
- a bit of laurel, thyme and parsley
Let's do it!
- Remove the guts and the skin of the pumpkin and cut the pulp into pieces.
- Cut the onions, the celery and the carrots in medium large pieces.
- Peel the garlic.
- Melt the butter with the olive oil in a big stewpan.
- Stew all the vegetables and the uncut garlic on a medium fire.
- Crush the cardamum seeds and add them in the stewpan.
- After a few minutes you can adjust the chicken broth and the spices in a 'bouquet garni'.
- Let it braze for about an hour.
- Now remove the 'bouquet garni' and the garlic.
- Add the goat cheese and blend the soup.
- Poor the soup in a plate and sprinkle it with small pieces of ham.